Under general supervision, provides technical clerical and administrative support for all phases of comprehensive implementation of ADC Capital projects, including preparing and tracking documents from project initiation
through to project close-out for large, complex facilities planning, design and construction programs; attending planning, design and construction conferences and meetings; taking and transcribing meeting minutes; interacting
with staff, consultants, contractors and other individuals; and performing related duties as assigned:
- Provides administrative support to project managers and staff; types and/or drafts, formats, proofreads, edits and routes correspondence, memoranda, reports, agreements, amendments, specifications, addenda, certificates, submittals, RFI’s, RFQ’s, consultant payments, bid documents, closeout forms, staff reports, forms, bulletins and other documents ranging from routine to moderate difficulty; drafts contract specifications and change orders; prepares directive letters to contractors regarding contract compliance; analyzes contracts relating to contract services; responds to contractor and customer issues and ensures timely corrective action.
- Proofreads and checks typed and other materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Authority and department standards, policies and procedures; ensures materials, reports and documents for signature are accurate and maintains and enters a variety of data in databases and spreadsheets; routes documents for signature.
- Maintains bidder and contractor databases; prepares consultant agreements and amendments, assembles and compiles project contract specifications and gets specifications documented and distributed; prepares bid packages and corresponding forms; generates bid tabulations for project managers; documents all incoming and outgoing documents; processes, routes and tracks project submittals, requests for information, bulletins, and other documents for signature; inputs and updates punch list items; coordinates with Document Control for bid advertisement and; assists with the preparation and processing of project closeouts.
- Prepares, prints and distributes staff reports, checklists and related information for design and construction phases for Board review; prepares technical worksheets and tables; establishes, manages, maintains and
updates project databases, logs, indexes and files; files documents; researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the preparation of records and reports; reviews invoices to ensure for conformance with contract provisions and budget; processes contract payment; updates accrual log; makes arithmetic or statistical calculations.
- Assists project staff by preparing and/or typing memoranda, correspondence, and other technical documents using word processing, spreadsheet or database software and monitors progress and approvals, generates reports and develops materials for meetings; stamps and routes drawings; interacts with consultants, contractors and outside agencies to ensure compliance with Authority and construction standards; acts as liaison between staff and other departments; schedules, coordinates, confirms, and attends design meetings as well as pre-bid conferences, bid openings, pre-construction, safety, and construction progress meetings;
prepares and distributes meeting announcements; sign-in sheets; takes and transcribes meeting notes.
- Prepares travel and training requests; coordinates making travel and other arrangements for conferences and business trips; attends to a variety of office administrative details; maintains inventory and orders office supplies, performs minor repairs and requests repairs as needed; processes work requests; provides back up for other department Capital Project Assistants and clerical staff, including providing back-up support for tracking and routing agreements and pay applications; provides training assistance to other Capital Project Assistants on construction related practices and protocol; serves on special Authority and department committees and task forces and is called to facilitate the department committees; reviews and guides others through the process for ensuring compliance with contract specifications.